Hot Cocoa Bar
Submitted by Iolanda Gillins, Event & Décor Concepts
Happy New Year!!
Just because Christmas is over doesn’t mean that you can’t have a cocoa bar.
The Winters in Northeastern Nevada can be long and cold so let’s add something to our homes to warm us up and give us something to look forward to….
Its hot cocoa season!
5 reasons to have a little hot cocoa bar set up.
1. It adds a little something special to the winter season
2. It is great for all ages
3. Its 100% customizable to fit your needs
4. Its accessible for when you come in from the cold
5. It’s an easy way to entertain
The great thing about having a hot cocoa bar is that it can be as big
or little as you want. It can be as simple as just a coffee pot and canisters
with mugs or it can be as extravagant as a bar cart or buffet with all the things.
Here are some ideas to get your hot cocoa bar set up.
Start by deciding on where you want your hot cocoa bar. If you drink coffee, will it be incorporated with that? Or will it be on its own.
Then decide what is going to be included in your cocoa bar. Listed here are some ideas:
- Creamer (stored in fridge when not in use)
- Peppermint schnapps in a decanter
- Fireball in a decanter
- Whipped cream (stored in fridge when not in use)
- peppermint candy
- Marshmallow Differed sizes shapes and flavors
- Cocoa bombs
- Chocolate chips
- Butterscotch chips
- Get creative here there are so many options.
- To-go cups
- Stir sticks or spoons
- Milk frother
- Make it pretty
- Table runner
- Tray or board
- Florals or greenery fresh or faux
- Cute sign that says something catchy
- Vases/canisters and fun bowls or dishes to put mix ins in.
- Any other décor you may want to use
Pulling in all together
Start with a base, this can be a table runner or a decorative cutting board or a pretty platter, anything to anchor the space.
Next add the things that have a purpose other than purely decorative, such as your mugs, coffee pot, canisters etc. Obviously you want this to have a practical use
Add your items with your mix-ins
Finally add your décor to complete the look.
Happy New Year!
Stay warm and enjoy your cocoa bar!