- Find ways to make learning fun and engaging by allowing your children to teach you a skill they have been learning at school or outside of school.
- Look for games or hands-on activities to break up the day.
- Encourage creative storytelling or writing.
- Make phone or video calls to friends and family.
- Consider outside activities such as hiking and walks, which can be done with family, but limit social interactions.
- Find a new interest or hobby that can be learned together by doing research or watching “how-to videos” together on YouTube.
- Take virtual field trips.
- Allow but limit and monitor online videogaming with friends and contact through social media.
This will help keep kids connected to their friends.
- Incorporate the extra-curricular activities your children would normally do outside of school into your daily routine at home.
- Check out Elko County Library’s digital library online.
- Involve your children in meal preparation and teach them cooking skills.
- Incorporate math by teaching measurements or involving them in online shopping.
- Teach gardening skills if the weather permits.
Find more information and resources from our district at ecsdnv.net