Want to Be Bold and Go Gold?
Join other local businesses during September to raise childhood cancer awareness!
Each year, 15,780 children in the U.S. are diagnosed with cancer, and 1 out of 8 will not survive.
Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in children. However, only 4% of federal cancer research funds are allocated to pediatric cancer while children account for 22.6% of the U.S. population.
Here is how to help:
1 – Make a donation of ANY amount to Elko Relay for Life, Team Kids Crushing Cancer.
2 – Post photos of your business on social media with the hashtags #BeBoldGoGold #GoldTogetherElkoCounty and #ChildhoodCancerAwareness
3 – Show your support
• Decorate your window, lobby or offices with gold ribbons, posters, or gold decor
• Encourage employees to wear pins, gold shirts, hats or hardhat stickers
• Host a fundraiser or collect donations at your business for childhood cancer
• Add gold ribbons or childhood cancer awareness tags to your September advertisements
• Paint equipment, add vinyl window logos or gold ribbons on company vehicles
• Be creative with your own ways to raise funds or awareness for childhood cancer
The businesses or business that posts the most creative ideas will receive recognition. The funds raised in this contest will support Elko Relay for Life and American Cancer Society’s #GoldTogether initiative which funds childhood cancer research, services, and childhood cancer prevention efforts. Let’s show the world how northern Nevada, the heart of gold country, will #GoGold for childhood cancer.
Learn more about childhood cancer and services available for pediatric patients by visiting Northern Nevada Children’s Cancer Foundation, American Childhood Cancer Organization, National Pediatric Cancer Foundation, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, or American Cancer Society websites.
Have questions or need more information? Contact Megan Dwyer at CancerCrushingKids@gmail.com